CHARGERS YOUTH TRIATHLON TRAINING & RACE CLUB
INFORMATION SESSIONS SEPT 18th & 22nd
Team Atomica is launching the first and only youth triathlon club in Toronto. With a focus of building out age group co-horts one at time, we are going to start with those 12-15 yrs old in 2023-2024 (see below for possible exceptions.)
Lead Coach and Director for the Chargers Youth Triathlon Training Program Lucien Peron; and
Ayesha Rollinson, Team Atomica Founder & Coach and Advisor for the Chargers Triathlon Program,
will be hosting two video information/presentations for interested youth/families:
Our team of nationally certified coaches will be focused on developing each individual athlete across all three disciplines of Triathlon (swim-bike-run) using Triathlon Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development Plan.
Our goal is to provide committed youth athletes access to training and sports education from our team of expert coaches with the goal of attending youth triathlon races, together, as a team with a coach on-site. Races we are targeting for next year include:
May 26th, 2024 C3 KOS Triathlon in Caledon (2023 Race Website)
June 16th, Delaware Triathlon in London (London Kids Triathlon Facebook Page)
June 30th, Lakefield Triathlon, Peterborough (2023 Race Website)
- other summer races & indoor triathlons under consideration
Meet our Coaching Team
We take pride in the quality, experience and expertise of our coaches!
- Former competitive swimmer and former national club champion
- National Coaching Certification: Swimming, Triathlon, Cross Country Skiing and Cycling (see full list of NCCP awards)
- Coaching for over 10 years
- B.Sc Information Systems Engineering
Triathlon Coach, Chargers Triathlon Program
- National Coaching Certification Program: Triathlon, Swimming
- Former Varsity Basketball, Varsity Track & Cross Country & Professional Triathlete
- Coaching for over 15 years
- University of Toronto Bachelor of Kinesiology
Swim and Mobility Coach, Chargers Triathlon Program
- Former National level Synchronized Swimmer
- National Coaching Certification: Sychronized swimming, Triathlon
- Certified Yoga instructor
- Toronto Metropolitan University Bachelor of Fine Arts in Performance Dance
- Coaching for over 8 years
Coach and Advisor for the Chargers Triathlon Program
- Former Varsity Swimmer and Cross Country Runner
- Former National Triathlon Team member, Professional Triathlete
- Raced on all the major Triathlon World Circuits 2003-2013
- National Coaching Certifications: Swimming, Triathlon
- University of Toronto BASc Industrial Engineering
- Founder and Director of Team Atomica
AGES 12 – 15 YRS
NOTE: Athletes who are 11 yrs, or over 15 yrs, and are interested in joining the program, are asked to contact Lucien@teamatomica.com. Exceptions to the specified age may be granted if skill, experience, mental and physical development requirements are demonstrated.
- Expert and industry leading coaching by Nationally Certified Coaches
- 4-6 workouts per week (2-4 swims, 1 run and 1 bike) for 18 weeks
- a variety of special events
- Intense focus on skill development and movement pattern mastery
- Positive feedback and confidence building
- Individual attention
- Access to a yearly training plan delivered via Training Peaks and will include access to dryland training programs
- A coach-led, fun swim meet on Dec 2nd
- Team building lazer tag at Ezone date TBD in Nov ($25+HST fee)
NOTE: to join the Chargers, athletes must be able to swim 200m continuously and be comfortable with 2 of the 4 strokes
PROGRAM REQUIREMENT: Choose and commit to at least 2 of the following weekly swims (scroll down for more details on swim sessions)
- Tuesday Swimming at Rosedale Collegiate 7:00-8:00 AM w/ Coach Katie
- Thursday Swimming at Rosedale Collegiate 7:00-8:00 AM w/ Coach Katie
- Saturday Swimming at Riverdale Collegiate 12:00-1:00 PM w/ Coach Nic & Coach Katie
- Sunday Pam McConnell Community Centre 6:00-7:00 PM w/ Coach Nic & Coach Lucien
Bike & Run Program for Fall
- Saturday Biking (STARTS Nov 11) 9:30-10:30 AM Virtual Bike training w/ Coach Lucien
- Sunday Run Skills & Training (STARTS Sept 17, weather permitting, ENDS Dec 10), Riverdale Park area 5:00-5:45 PM w/ Coach Lucien
* starts/finishes at Pam McConnell right before Sunday evening swim option
Monthly Events for this Session
NOV (tba): Team Lazer Tag at Ezone (extra $20+HST fee)
10:00 -11:00 AM
- Adult Co-swim option available at Tuesday & Thursday morning swims: Expertly coached Masters Swimming program available concurrently on Tuesdays & Thursdays at Rosedale for adults. Details on our Fall Masters Swimming Page.
- Athletes registered in the fall of 2023 will have preferential access for all the exciting workouts and events in 2024.
- Families will not be turned away. If a child is committed to this program but your family needs help accessing this program, please contact email@example.com to apply for funding.
Extra Details on Swim Sessions
- Adult Co-swim option with above: Expertly coached Masters Swimming program available concurrently on Tuesdays & Thursdays at Rosedale for adults. Details on our Fall Masters Swimming Page.
2023 Youth Triathlon Program Terms & Conditions
- NO REFUNDS after Program starts. In the case of a needed cancellation, CREDIT only minus applicable ADMIN FEE for the balance of the Program will be applied to your account
- ADMIN FEE $25+HST applies to any Program transfers, cancellations or credit requests (ie Injury)
- MAKE-UP SWIMS missed swims can be made at any other age-appropriate Team Atomica swim workout* within 7 days before or after a missed swim (including for COVID-related reasons.) Bike and Run workouts are not able to be made up at this time.
- INJURY in the case of an injury that keeps you out of the Program for more than 2 consecutive weeks, we will apply a credit (minus ADMIN FEE) to your account for the balance of the Program at the rate of $45+HST per week remaining.
- FORMS Waiver and Youth Athlete Profile must be submitted annually and is valid April 1st-March 30th. Your registration is not complete with out them and if you participate the Spring Program, you will be required to complete an updated set by April 1st, 2024
- PROGRAM CANCELLATION if Team Atomica needs to cancel the Program for any reason, a pro-rated Refund for the balance of the Program will be given
- WEATHER & OTHER CANCELLATIONS OUT OF TEAM ATOMICA’S CONTROL (ie Labour Strikes, pool staff not showing up etc.) For swims, in the case of the first such cancellation of one of your chosen swims, you will be provided with a 7-Day Make-up swim at another age-appropriate Team Atomica available session. In the case of further cancellations out of Team Atomica‘s control at the same chosen swim, you will be offered a 7-Day Make-up swim at another age-appropriate Team Atomica available session; OR an account Credit of $20+HST. In the case of an extended cancellation of 3+ weeks at the same swim (ie pool closure), REFUNDS for the balance of the cancelled swims (at the rate of $20+HST each) will be offered. Due to differing circumstances around Bike and Run workouts, no Credits or Make-ups are available for cancelled workouts.
- COACHES are subject to change
Team Atomica General Policies & Procedures
- Anti-Harassment and Discrimination Policy
- General Conduct Policy
- Use of Likeness for Promotional Purposes
The above Policies have been updated as of January 11, 2023. Details can be found at: https://teamatomica.com/about-team-atomica/policy-and-procedures/