Celeste Merey is a registered N.C.C.P. Triathlon Canada Coach-in-training and N.C.C.P. Certified Swimming Canada Coach. She currently works with Community Athletes and is pursuing Competitive Certification. Celeste joined the Team Atomica coaching team in 2017 with the goal of building new programs in her own backyard, East Scarborough.
As a life-long cycling and triathlon enthusiast and competitor, she enjoys coaching all aspects of these sports, from helping a newbie learn to ride clipless to coaching an athlete to be able to achieve their Triathlon racing vision – from Sprint to Ironman distance.
Inspired by watching televised coverage of early Ironman and Tour De France races in the 80s and 90s, Celeste, an avid swimmer, and cyclist, began competing in Triathlon events while in University, completing Sprint distance to Ironman distance races.
From there she turned to the sport of road cycling, competing in O Cup races, as well as various stage races throughout North America. Celeste also spent time competing in Track cycling, training, and racing, at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome near Philadelphia PA.
COACH CELESTE HAS 4 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR 2021
Celeste enjoys the community spirit and comradery of the sport. She is a past instructor for Wenches with Wrenches, a bike mechanics course taught by women, for women. She trained with and competed for local cycling teams including Cavern Cycles, Team RACE, and Duke’s Cycling.
Over recent years, Celeste offers coaching for group and individual programs including:
- Masters swimming (Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre)
- Virtual and in person cycling classes (T Train Cycling Centre)
- Open water swimming (Rouge Beach & Cherry Beach)
- Beginner and intermediate group cycling (West Rouge & Sunnyside Park)
- Training camps (Pickens, South Carolina & Kona, Hawaii)
- Triathlon training days (70.3 distance, Rouge Beach)
- Virtual strength training classes
- Private swim coaching (learn to swim and stroke improvement
Currently, Celeste offers:
- One-on-one virtual bike consultations: setup, troubleshooting or individual support guaranteed to ensure your trainer hardware and software are working for you.
- Personal coaching plans for triathlon or cycling.
Celeste looks forward to applying her knowledge and skills in cycling and triathlon and enabling others to feel their best and achieve their goals.