Team Atomica Cycling and Triathlon Training Camp 2020
April 26th – May 2nd 2020
Join Ultraman World Champion Tara Norton and coaches Celeste Merey and Darian Silk of Team Atomica from April 26th – May 2nd 2020 (6 nights) for our annual Triathlon Training Camp in Table Rock, South Carolina.
This camp will kick off your outdoor training season and help you gain a boost in fitness for your upcoming 2020 races. Sign up for training camp to remain motivated on the indoor trainer all winter long!
Your week will consist of indoor swimming sessions, cycling through mountain passes and country roads, coached runs and (weather permitting) open water swims in a local lake. All workouts will be organized by coaches who know the area and are passionate about supporting your workout goals for the week. There will be options for both challenging mountain climbs and easier rolling hill riding routes of varying distances. We encourage participation by athletes of a variety of levels of fitness and experience – no prior training camp or experience in mountainous terrain necessary.
ACCOMMODATION IS LIMITED
Once again, we will stay at the townhomes located at The Rock Golf Club & Resort.
New for this year: we have a limited number of single accommodation rooms available.
Team Atomica wants you to focus on your training, not grocery shopping, dishes, and fiddling with equipment. This camp is fully supported with breakfast and lunch foods as well as home-cooked dinners.
Most of us will be driving down so we will help to organize car-pooling closer to camp time. The airport is Greenville-Spartanburg which is 36 miles away. Travel expenses are not included (car or flight), but flights are approximately $500-600.
New for 2020: we will offer bike and large luggage transport via our coach’s van(s) for those of you flying, as well as a pickup/drop off from the airport at a small additional cost.
Date: April 26th – May 2nd 2020
Cost: $1,899 + HST (double occupancy) or *new* $2,199 + HST (single occupancy – limited number of spots available)
Deposit: $500 (non-refundable) to secure your spot
Max: 20 athletes
Payment in full is due March 15th 2020
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Meal and food for 6 days (Dinner on 26th, Breakfast on 2nd, all food and meals between)
- Bike/Run/Pool Swim sessions: coached and supported
- Open Water Swimming in local Table Rock State Park, weather permitting
- Evening information sessions
- Free daily round of golf at Table Rock Golf Course
- Support for those driving down: help with arranging carpool options amongst athletes for driving to and from South Carolina
- Support for those flying down: bicycle and baggage transport, pick up and drop off from Greenville-Spartanburg Airport at a small additional cost (cost TBD – limited spots for bicycle and baggage transport available)
New for 2020:
- Supported open water swimming at Table Rock State Park lake
- Additional swimming sessions at the Pickens YMCA
- Additional coached running sessions
- Late checkout on Saturday, May 2nd – pack in an extra ride, run or swim that morning
The camp will have a balance of coached swimming, cycling and running sessions; however, athletes are encouraged to be ready for a week of cycling. Rides will include Blue Ridge Mountain, Caesar’s Head State Park as well as the ride to Saluda.
Sunday, April 26th: Condos available starting at 3 pm; riders arriving earlier will be accommodated at the coach’s house.
PM Shakeout ride (1+ hours) or run upon arrival.
Meet and greet dinner.
Monday, April 27th – Friday, May 1st, inclusive
Our daily schedule will generally include the following coached workouts:
· Early AM Pool Swim
· AM – early PM Cycling
· PM Run or Open Water Swim
· PM Early Dinner
Friday, May 1st:
All workouts plus a celebratory final dinner
Saturday, May 2nd:
AM Optional final bike
PM Pack up and head out
Waiver and Membership Form:
Please note we require all athletes to fill out a waiver and membership application once per season. If you are participating for the first time or have not completed the documents recently, then please fill out the documents and send them back to Team Atomica admin. All waiver and membership forms MUST be received by Team Atomica admin before the camp. If we do not receive your forms before the training camp, you will not be allowed to participate. Click HERE to fill out the form.